I'm looking for

The Health Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA) allows you to pay for eligible out-of-pocket health care expenses with pre-tax dollars. You can save up to 40% or more on eligible expenses for yourself and your eligible family members.

Participating in the Health Care FSA

  • Full-Use Health Care FSA if in Copay medical plan: Use immediately for eligible medical, prescription drug, dental and vision expenses
  • Limited-Use Health Care FSA if in HSA medical plan:
    • For eligible medical and prescription drug expenses after you meet your medical plan deductible
    • Use immediately for eligible dental and vision expenses
  • You don't have to be enrolled in a DFIN medical, dental or vision plan to participate in the Health Care FSA.
  • You may enroll for FSA benefits only once a year during Annual Enrollment or if you experience a qualified status change.



Contribute Pre-Tax

  • $200 to $2,850 annually
  • Roll over up to $570 each year*

Eligible Expenses

Use for eligible expenses for you and your eligible family members such as:

  • Coinsurance and copayments
  • Eyeglasses or contact lenses
  • Prescription and over-the-counter drugs prescribed by a doctor

View a full list of eligible expenses.

Get Reimbursed for Eligible Expenses

Use your debit card or file a claim for reimbursement:

  • Save all itemized receipts
  • You can’t use your Health Care FSA to pay for ineligible items (e.g., magazines, cosmetics) or dependent care expenses
  • Can receive reimbursement automatically in your bank account

You have until March 31 following the plan year to submit claims for services incurred through December 31 of the current Plan year.

* The $570 carryover does not count toward the IRS maximum for the following Plan year.


If you participate in the Limited-Use Health Care FSA, you may use your FSA for eligible medical and prescription drug expenses after you meet your medical plan deductible. However, you may use your FSA immediately to pay for eligible dental and vision expenses.

If you leave DFIN during the Plan year, you can only submit FSA claims for services incurred up to your termination date. The exception is if you elect to continue your Health Care FSA coverage during your COBRA eligibility period and you pay your COBRA premiums. See the Health Care Spending Program and Dependent Care Spending Program SPD for more information.